COMMON PROBLEMS AFTER A STROKE AND WHERE TO SEEK HELP FROM
- Shoulder pain/shoulder and hand pain.
- Urinary tract (bladder) infection.
- Sliding or falling out of wheelchair.
- Behaviors problems.
- Aspiration (Choking/coughing after swallowing).
- Double vision or – Only seeing on one side.
- Reactions from a prescribed medication.
- Stroke centers/units/support /Treatment.
WHERE TO SEEK HELP FROM
- Physiotherapist/ Occupational therapist.
- Physiotherapist /occupational therapist.
- Occupational therapist/Clinical psychologist /social worker.
- Speech and language therapist /nurse.
- Doctor/nurse/physiotherapist/ Occupational therapist.
- Clinic/doctor/occupational therapist /social worker.
- Clinic/optometrist/occupational therapist.
- SASNET-GHANA Team/Help line.
IMPORTANT : Person living with stroke and their carers could also receive answers to the above stated problems by signing up to the Post Discharge Stroke Support(PDSS) Program by the Stroke Association Supportnetwork-Ghana (SASNET-GHANA).
http://:caresasnetghana.org online or
by signing up to Ask Dr Charway –Felli Platform for support .
Register for free support online here care.sasnetghana.org/ask-charway/